1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut milk
Jamaican Breakfasts: Healthy Nature Style Jamaican Common Meals
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with coconut milk.
- Fold in coconut.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
You can add 1/2 tsp cinnamon or 1/4 tsp nutmeg or both.
Use almond extract instead of vanilla or just use 1/2 cup chopped almonds,raisins, maraschino cherries even some chocolate chips
I like mine just the way it is