Roast Breadfruit Beet Salad

On a trip to Curacao I had a Macaroni Salad in a quaint little cafe. The Salad had apples and beets in it. It was Divine. Since then I have made it my own and used my own locally grown ingredients










Salt and ground pepper
1 medium sized roast breadfruit, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
2 beets (boiled or roasted in the skin) peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
1/3 cup(s) white-wine vinegar
4 scallions, white part minced, green part thinly sliced
3/4 cup mayonnaise, flavoured or regular (I like to mix it with a little powdered jerk seasoning

Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine vinegar, scallion whites, 1 teaspoon salt (to taste), and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
  2. Add breadfruit to vinegar mixture; toss to combine. Let stand for about 1 hour.
  3. Add mayonnaise and scallion greens and beets  to breadfruit; mix gently to combine. Serve, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
Serves 8

No comments:

Post a Comment