Rock Buns are a Jamaican favorite and they are doubly nice because we add coconut to them. We usually use the coconut "trash" that is left back are grating the coconut and squeezing out the juice. For added flavor, use raisins that have been soaked in rum or wine.
2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 Tbsps. raisins (plumped in hot water and drained)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 medium eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tsps. milk
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven at 360°F / 190°C. Grease baking sheet.
2. Using the finger tips, rub fat into sifted flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add sugar, raisins, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut, mix in evenly.
4. Beat eggs and vanilla. Pour into flour mixture and combine then add milk slowly.
5. Combine mixture with the hands until a moist dough is formed.
6. With a spoon and a fork, divide dough into equal pieces and shape each piece into a “rocky cone” on the greased baking tray.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until done.