1 cup sugar
2 -3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda(optional)
1/2 tsp salt
- Sweeten grated coconut with sugar ( a little extra might be needed)
- Add 2 cups flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Knead to a smooth dough, add extra flour if needed.Cill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out on a floured surface to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into squares with a knife or with a cookie cutter. Place on a greased or lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375*F until they are crisp and lightly browned.
- Store in a airtight container.