Coconut Ice Cream

Recently my son celebrated his 5th birthday. Months in advance he requested ice cream floats. Sorry to say I did not plan properly and as such had no ice cream.
I tried to think of a solution. Found a simple recipe on Cuisinart.com . That was the recipe I decided yo work from.   I looked up heavy cream substitutes (1/3 cup butter, 3/4 cup milk whipped together for cooking.) . I also found out that coconut milk is a good substitute for heavy cream then the light bulb went off, coconut ice cream. I would just use 2 ¼ cup coconut milk, ½ cup sugar and 1 tbsp vanilla.
It worked!!!
Its basically dissolving the sugar in the milk (Grace coconut milk in a can)  and adding vanilla. A pinch of salt may be added.
Freeze in ice cream machine and follow manufacturers instructions.



The birthday boy loved his float, coconut ice cream and pineapple soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment