Here is a simple recipe for a strewed Turkey Neck.
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper as needed
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 8 oz carrots, large dice
- 10 ozs water
- 2 chicken bouillion cubes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 pimento berries, cracked
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Season the turkey neck with salt and pepper.
- Brown the meat in vegetable oil.
- Drain excess oil. Add flour and cook for about 5 minutes while stirring.
- Add all the other ingredients to pot along with turkey neck.
- Cover and simmer for about 11/2-2 hours until meat is tender and falls off the bone (this step can be done in a pressure cooker or slow cooker)
- Adjust seasoning as needed. Serve with hot buttered rice or rice and peas and a side salad.